Mount Vernon "Freetown" Church

1600 Fountain Run Rd.
Gamaliel, KY

270-457-2901

The Freetown log church was built in 1846 by the freed slave of William Howard.
There has been no replacement of original building material, except for the metal roof.
Tours by appointment only.

Also historically important in Gamaliel is the Gamaliel Cemetery. This cemetery has graves dating back to the 1800's. There are several graves with rock markers, which were placed before the days of tombstones.

For more information contact Gamaliel City Hall at 270-457-2901
 

 

Get directions
      Show the options

From :  or 

To      :  or