Old Soldiers Cemetary

2nd & Emberton Street
Tompkinsville, KY 42167

In 1861, during the Civil War, land was donated by J. B. Evans for burial of Union Soldiers. By the end of the war, it contained 115 troops who died in this region. Due to the small size of the cemetery, the government ordered most soldiers moved to Nashville National Cemetery in 1867. With five graves left, it became public and no longer a national cemetery. Still known as "The Old Soldiers Cemetery".

Located at the corner of Second and Emberton Streets, Tompkinsville.
Historical Marker Dedication on July 9, 2012.

 

 

Get directions
      Show the options

From :  or 

To      :  or